- John 10:7-10 Then Jesus said to them again, “Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them. I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
- Door – A portal or entrance. Gate.
- Jesus Christ IS the door of faith, by acceptance of the gospel [Acts 14:27]; the door of “openings” for preaching and teaching the Word of God [1 Cor 16:9, 2 Cor 2:12, Col 4:3, Rev 3:8]; the door of “entrance” into the Kingdom of God [Matt 25:10, Luke 13:24-25]; the door of Christ’s “entrance” into a repentant believer’s heart [Rev 3:20]; the door of the nearness of Christ’s returning [Matt 24:33, Mark 13:29, James 5:9]; the door of “access” to behold visions relative to the purposes of God [Rev 4:1].
- Son or daughter of our Father, do you want something from God? Do you need something from God? Then KNOCK! [Luke 11:7, Matt 7:7] But realize, that the door upon which you knock is not an impersonal, thick piece of wood or iron gate. The door is a person, who knows you and loves you, and waits joyfully for the impressions of your faith-knuckles on His chest. Knock and keep on knocking…and the Door will open. He has promised.
- So many in the world are knocking at the door of the Doctor’s office, the banker’s office, the pastor’s office, the therapist’s office, daddy or mommy’s office, spouse’s office, children’s office, a friend’s office, the movie theater, the sports center, and on and on. Brother or sister, YOU are a doorkeeper in His kingdom. Boldly proclaim that Jesus IS the door, and teach them to knock on Him!