Forth to the battle rides our King, He climbs His conquering car;
He fits His arrows to the string, And hurls His bolts afar.
Convictions pierce the stoutest hearts, They smart, they bleed, they die;
Slain by Immanuel’s well-aimed darts, In helpless heaps they lie.
Behold, He bares his two-edged sword, And deals almighty blows;
His all-revealing, killing Word ‘Twixt joints and marrow goes.
Who can resist Him in the fight? He cuts through coats of mail;
Before the terror of His might The hearts of rebels fail.
Anon, arrayed in robes of grace He rides the trampled plain,
Victor alike in love and arms, Myriads around Him bend;
None love Him more than those He slew; His love their hate has slain;
- "If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you." ~ Oscar Wilde 1 day ago
- RT @gunnartopia: Hey all! Please consider donating and retweeting! Terri Baker, single mom of 6 who had been working 3 jobs, has cancer and… 2 weeks ago
- Beautiful single mother of 6 kids is in a battle for her life against cancer and needs help. gofundme.com/terri-freeman-… 1 month ago
- A Battle Hymn by Charles Spureon trevorhoneycutt.com/2018/01/14/a-b… 1 month ago
- “God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our conscience, but shouts in our pains; it is His megaphone to rou… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago