- Luke 1:76-79 – “And you, child, [John the Baptist] will be called the prophet of the Highest; for you will go before the face of the Lord to prepare His ways, to give knowledge of salvation to His people by the remission of their sins, through the tender mercy of our God, with which the Dayspring from on high has visited us; to give light to those who sit in darkness and the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.”
- Dayspring – A rising light, the dawn, the sun coming up over the earth in the east, the first light of the new morning.
- Jesus Christ is our first light-of-day. He gently rises over the horizon of our life, and with unstoppable power, He progressively dispels darkness from our lives. As His light dawns, His creation comes alive with freshness and hope in a new day.
- Child of God, whether your horizon is a vast ocean, a great plain, or a high mountain; the light of Christ has already crested your horizon. And like the sun continues to rise until it’s magnificently positioned at high-noon, He will continue to rise in your life, until the work that He began in you is finished, and there is no more darkness. He started the day’s dawning light, and He will finish it; and when He is done, the darkness is turned from a time of evil to a time of rest. Hallelujah!
- Son of God, let the light of Christ shine-forth from your life, so that this awesome darkness-to-light transition can be sparked in someone around you. Release words and deeds that speak of soon coming new-hope from the Light-Source that dwells within you. As you see others enveloped in darkness, pierce it with rays Light; and boldly continue until you see the sun rising over their horizon.