- Psalms 19:4-5 – In them [the heavens and the firmament] He has set a tabernacle for the sun, which is like a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoices like a strong man to run its race.
- Bridegroom – A man who rejoices in both the anticipation-of and reality-of the blessedness of a marriage relationship with the woman who has captured the deep, loving, affections of his heart. He prepares for her, he comes for her, he takes her, and then he spends his life enjoying, loving, protecting, and caring for her.
- Jesus is our heavenly bridegroom. He came and chose us, He has gone to prepare a place for us, He is wooing us more deeply day-after-day, and He will come for us in fullness, in due season. His love and affection for His bride-to-be are passionate and consuming. He longs for His bride to be with Him, and even now His love woos her towards Him, and causes their hearts to begin to become one.
- Dear bride of the bridegroom, be enraptured by His choosing of you, and believe in His great love and affection for you. Let the sunshine of His endearing countenance always be warming your face as you go about your everyday life. Make a key motivation in your heart for your everyday life to be making yourself ready for the great wedding day. He is returning for you.
- Your bridegroom’s bride is made-up of all the holy ones that He has chosen all across the earth, and part of your preparation is to help others be ready as well. Give no room for jealousy or rivalry. In all that you do to keep your heart and body pure for Him, exhort, encourage, and admonish your siblings in Christ to do likewise. He delights in the unity of the people who are called to come together to be His bride.