- John 6:35 & 51 – And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst. >>> “I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world.”
- Bread – Food prepared for satisfaction of hunger and nourishment.
- Jesus is our spiritual food. Our soul hungers and thirsts, just as our body does, and it demands to be fed something immaterial that will satisfy it. In its attempt to meet this need, the world offers it’s pastries on every corner; and its breads taste so sweet on the tongue, but are of no nourishment. And like an over indulgence on pastries will cause a body to become fat and sick; so the world’s substitutes for bread-from-heaven will corrupt our souls. Only one food leads to life & health in the inner man; Jesus our bread from heaven.
- Follower of Christ, its ok that your soul is not satisfied at times. But resist the temptation to run to a movie, tv, book, magazine, etc; and let your hunger drive you to Christ, your true bread. Learn to eat His flesh and be full of His life. In John 6:26 & 29 Jesus exhorts us to “not labor for bread which perishes, but to labor for food which endures to real life. And that this labor (work) is to believe in Him”. We feed on Christ by resisting the temptation to fill our soul with pastries of the world, and meditatingly believing that Jesus IS our food. Declare this truth to yourself today: “Jesus is my soul’s food, and I am satisfied in Him”.
- The world is full of starving people, and they are ceaselessly rummaging through the philosophical-garbage-cans and media-dumpsters in search of something that will satisfy their deep hungers. Let your heart be the oven that faithfully prepares hot loaves of Christ and freely distributes Him to whosoever will come and eat. Feed Him to your family, friends, neighbors, and coworkers. Never be afraid that you won’t have enough, but keep passing Him out, and you’ll find that there are always basketfuls leftover.
Yummy! This is getting me hungry for more of Christ! Thank you, Trevor, for setting the table! Although eating a bunch of pastries is great . . . in the moment . . . there is always a belly ache and a lack of digestion that happens. Our bodies process an overload of carbs by storing fat . . . May we pursue the true Bread of Life. Thanks for sharing, bro.
Wow, you must have been standing around the oven, bcs I barely had this one sat down on the counter!
Thanks for partaking, bro.
Thanks! I needed to read that today!
Wonderful! Thanks for reading Gunnar, and glad it was a blessing to you!
He wants us to have Himself in us, that He actually crams Himself down our throats.
I do think that is why He said that “if you don’t eat my body and drink my blood, then you have no life in you.”
Thanks very much for reading, and blessings to you my brother!
I don’t want to jump to conclusions or anything, and I don’t really understand your comment. He found me, drew me to Him, revealed Himself to me, forgave me, broke my bondages, has been welcoming me to walk with HIm ever since, and helping me go deeper and deeper into Him and His wonderful love ever since: but He’s never “actually crammed Himself down my throat.”
Care to clarify?