- Hebrews 3:1-2 – Therefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our confession, Christ Jesus, who was faithful to Him who appointed Him, as Moses also was faithful in all His house.
- Apostle – One sent forth with a special message or commission; whose message and commission are supernaturally endowed to plant miraculous seed springing forth unto a new corporate organism…the ecclesia of believers, the assembled saints of God, the body of Christ.
- Father God, in times before creation, commissioned His Son to be sent into the fallen world to save, reconcile, and restore His creation. Jesus was sent and broke-through from the heavenly realm into ours, and He grew and tirelessly labored in the eternal purpose of God to plant the supernatural, unstoppable seed of His life. What was His special message? “Behold, the kingdom of heaven is at hand, repent and believe, enter into this new creation by faith, and follow me faithfully [growing, loving, and serving] until I return.
- Do you ever feel alone or lost? Jesus is commissioned by God to come to you, comfort you, heal you, deliver you, and raise you up into a community of believers for fellowship and spiritual growth. In times of darkness or despair, do not give yourself over to the temptation of unbelief, doubting Jesus. But by faith, stand, believing that He is your Apostle; sent to build you up as a living stone inside His house. In due season, you will see that He is faithful and comes to those who have kept-on their breastplate of faith, and gives them rest in His house.
- Do you ever notice people who don’t quite seem to fit-in with the patterns and flows of the world? They just don’t seem to be getting the same enjoyments out of what everyone else seems to think is so great? Perhaps they show up to work, but it’s not their life. They are in the club or social group, but aren’t getting totally absorbed into it. They’re sort of like a donkey in a herd of horses. They can do all the same stuff and keep up with the crowd, but just don’t quite seem to be “one of them”. Son of God, you are to go to them, and offer them the living water that quenches their thirst. The Apostle lives in you, and from within you compels you to go and seek those who’re hungering for more than the world can give and offer them the Bread of Life. Saint of God, you too are a sent one; for the Sent One lives in and through you.