- Revelation 3:14 – These things says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God:
- Amen – Firm, trustworthy, so be it, surely, faithful, truly, “verily, verily”; A word used to affirm and confirm a statement.
- Jesus not only HAS the final say in all matters, He IS the final word in EVERY matter. He is the faithful witness who stands before the Father in the divine court and bears witness on behalf of those who are in Him. His person, His life, His righteousness, His testimony, His truth. He boldly stands tall as the affirming and confirming declaration of the final statement regarding the status of creation, and there are none who can bear witness against Him.
- Precious child of God, today’s passage from Revelation 3 is a sobering one. The Amen says to some in His Church; “I will vomit you out of my mouth”, “Be zealous and repent”, and “To him who overcomes, I will grant to sit with Me on My throne”. We must not take for granted that the final Word on our life will be “come sit with Me”; but we must strive daily against lukewarmness and to overcome the worldly temptation to believe that we are rich and in need of nothing. Cry out to the Amen to stop knocking and come in, to love you, to anoint your eyes, to rebuke you, to chasten you, to dine with you, and to give you grace to overcome. It is not enough to merely have said a “sinner’s prayer”, been baptized in water, and regularly attend Sunday services; you must be as gold refined in the fire to overcome and hear the Amen (the true and faithful witness) say “come and sit”.
- So many people are battling confusion, anxiety, and troubles of infinite variety. Dear ambassador of truth, they need the final word on their matter; the Amen. Boldly bear witness that verily, verily, Jesus IS the final word to them; and then help them to gain the testimony that Jesus IS their Amen.