- Matthew 1:16 – And Jacob begot Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus who is called Christ.
- Christ – Jesus official title, Anointed [One], Messiah
- Anointed – consecrated, rubbed or painted with oil [Holy Spirit], moral excellence [in character or demeanor]
- Jesus is not only anointed, but He is THE Anointed One. Prophets and priests of old all knew-of and looked-forward-to THE ONE who would come…to save, heal, deliver, lead; and do and be more than they could even imagine. Many in the OT were anointed, like David, Samuel, Isaiah, and Daniel; but Jesus is much more than just anointed…He IS the Anointed One.
- Child of God, have you been waiting for someone or something to come that can help you? Are you stuck, sick, in bondage, ignorant, trapped, depressed, confused, brokenhearted, or not at peace or wholeness in any way? Well, the good news is that your wait is over. The One who is consecrated with the moral excellence and Holy-Spirit-power to gather you in, heal you, calm you, and set you free has arrived. Be like the woman with the issue of blood, and press into Him by faith until you touch Him; and His virtue (anointing) will flow to you, and you will be delivered into His peace and wholeness.
- Have you already encountered the Anointed One, and KNOW who He is? Then go and preach the gospel to the poor, heal the brokenhearted, proclaim liberty to the captives, recovery of sight to the blind, set at liberty those who are oppressed, and proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD. You are anointed, but you must remember that you are not THE Anointed One. As He works through you, you should rapidly become less and He becomes more in the hearts and eyes of those to whom you are ministering. They should be left holding onto Him as you fade into the background.