- Ephesians 2:19-22 – Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone, in whom the whole building, being fitted together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord, in whom you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit.
- Chief Cornerstone – The most important stone to be laid for the foundation to be square and level, because all other stones are laid to be in perfect alignment with it. If the chief cornerstone is properly laid, then the entire house can be built rock-solid. But if the chief cornerstone is off, then the entire house is unstable.
- Paul, the ultimate church planter, repeatedly asserted that he preaches Jesus Christ (1 Cor 1:23, 2 Cor 4:5, Phil 1:18, Col 1:28), and that’s because Paul knew that nothing of enduring quality gets built until the chief cornerstone is properly laid in place in the hearts of saints. Jesus Christ is the chief cornerstone of the house of God, the church, and everything else that gets built must be directly aligned with Him for the house to be rock-solid.
- Dear anointed, living-stone of God. You are one of the stones that make up God’s house. Align yourself with Jesus Christ. And if you must come out of alignment with anything or anyone else in order to be aligned with Jesus, then by all means, come out of alignment boldly and immediately.
- As you help to build God’s house, always remember that the only glue to be used to bond the stones together is love. No religion, no coercion, no rules, no regulations, no traditions; these all rot over time and bring the house down. Love never fails. As you love Him and love others as yourself, then you are doing your part to build and maintain the house of God. And the most loving thing that you can ever do, is help someone else get properly aligned with Jesus.