- Revelation 21:6-7 – And He said to me, It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End.
- Beginning – A commencement, or chief (in various applications of order, time, place, or rank)
- Genesis 1:1 states that “in the beginning, God created…”, and John 1:1-3 states that “…all things were made through Him [Jesus]…”. It was Jesus who started creation, called Abraham, chose Moses, anointed the prophets, picked the disciples, blinded Paul, came to Bethlehem, and gave you grace to believe. All things that were set in motion were commenced by Jesus, for His good purposes and His eternal purpose; and He will finish everything He starts.
- Child of God, before you were in your mother’s womb, Jesus knew you. He created you as a human, and then recreated you at your new birth into Him by faith making you human+divinity. You are a new creation, and it was Jesus who has been behind it all the time. He is the one who begins all things. See HIM as the origin, and believe Him to be well able to finish what He started.
- A seed is the beginning of a new life. Seed-sower of your Lord: go about sowing seeds of new life for your Lord today. Seeds of faith in Him, seeds of love for one-another, seeds of truth, seeds of reconciliation, seeds of forgiveness, seeds of patience, seeds of kindness, seeds of generosity. In Him, you have a great opportunity to help others begin anew in meaningful ways; and in so doing, you will be like Jesus…THE beginning.
Beginning with seeds of …
That’s a good word. Just thinking out loud, with the parable of the soil and such. Measuring the soil and testing it doesn’t seem to be the purpose of passing out seeds. It seems the soil was the way it was, no matter the throwing of seeds from the sower. There is potential in all of us to receive these seeds you shared. However, we also have the propensity to be stony, or covered with weeds.
May we be good soil, welcoming seeds of Christ. And may we pass seeds to all we encounter as we go.
Very true, Mark! Good word, bro!