- Revelation 1:8 – “I am the Alpha…”
- Alpha – Idiomatic for designating the universe and every kind of power: alpha, beginning, first. By calling Jesus Christ the Alpha, the writer of the book of Revelation acknowledged that He is the Creator all things.
- Jesus is the seed from which all life springs forth. Creation erupted from Him, God’s workings in the earth and history begin and re-begin with Him, and the next age where God restores His creation also begins with His return; a new beginning springing forth from the Alpha! Come quickly Lord Jesus, our Alpha!
- Your salvation began with Him, your deliverance begins with Him, and your good days began with Him. He IS the beginning of all good, productive, and life-giving things. Go to Him the moment your eyes open in the morning and experience the Alpha for your day. Go to Him at the beginning of your marriage, business decision, health problem, relational issue, time of trouble or praise; and call on the Alpha for the power of Jesus to begin or begin again.
- Be on the alert for how you can be an Alpha for someone else. Who in your life needs a new beginning, or to realize that Jesus was at the beginning but now they have moved off of the Alpha’s path onto their own and need to go back to the beginning? Can you help someone start their day or a new season of life by blessing them in the name of your Alpha, and encouraging them to start with Jesus and proceed forth from Him? Jesus IS the Alpha.
Amen. Wonderful thougths here. He is the eternal Beginning, and He makes all things new! Thanks for the application to our lives too.
Thanks for reading and fellowshipping around our Lord, David!
Amen, brother! Christ is the Alpha! The source! The beginning!
And YOU, my brother, are and “alpha male”! 🙂