- 1 John 2:1 – My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.
- Advocate – Intercessor, Counselor – The word advocate might designate a consulting lawyer or one who presents his client’s case in open court; or one who, in times of trial or hardship, sympathizes with the afflicted and administers suitable direction and support.
- In the divine court, Satan is our accuser and Jesus is our lawyer. Satan is a master accuser and can easily expose every detail of your life that does not measure up to God’s standard of righteousness, and every sin that he enters into the case against us is completely accurate. However, once his accusatory remarks are concluded and we are standing naked and condemned before the court, Jesus, with complete understanding and empathy regarding our condition, arises and presents His blood as our defense. Immediately, the gavel falls and the verdict is trumpeted; NOT GUILTY by reason of the blood.
- Saint of God, boldly take the robe and signet ring of your Lord and walk forth in this life with absolute assurance that your sins are forgiven. Your case has been argued, and your Almighty Advocate has seen to it that you were found not guilty. Your life is no longer a struggle to be found guiltless before the divine court, but your life is now to be breaking free from the chains the enemy used to drag you into court; and to be going forth in freedom to serve your King and His people; and to be His ambassador in your area of responsibility in the earth.
- And as you go about your life, remember the wisdom and love of your Advocate; and you too be and an understanding and empathetic advocate for others. Let your voice rise above Satan’s as you trumpet the good news that you heard on your day in court…”YOUR SINS ARE FORGIVEN AND YOU ARE FREE”.